$10.00
The Mooresville Public Library was started in the early 1890s by a group of citizens who donated their books to create the Mooresville Lending Library. By 1899, the Town of Mooresville added the Library as a department renamed it to the Mooresville Free Library, and began paying a librarian. In 1939, Mrs. Lutell Sherrill razed her family home where the Free Library was housed, and with the help of R.J. Reynolds, began constructing the library on the footprint of the house. Barger Brothers Construction of Mooresville was contracted to undertake this important task.
Related products
-
$15.00
E.L. Bost and C.W. Bost opened the first What-A-Burger in 1956 in Concord NC, it was incorporated in 1956. The 11th location was opened in…
-
$15.00
J.H. McLelland organized the Mooresville NC Fire Department on May 10, 1910. By 1920, its official home was at the Town Municipal Building on Broad…
-
$10.00
in 1899, D.E. Turner Sr. purchased Tomlinson & Co., a hardware firm, located on Main Street in Mooresville, North Carolina. In 1902, a new building…
-
$15.00
Mooresville Ice Cream Company was incorporated on April 17, 1924, by B.A. Troutman, Charles Mack, Side Mack, Joe Ikall, Ben Salem, Thomas Morrow, Robert E.…



