$15.00
J.H. McLelland organized the Mooresville NC Fire Department on May 10, 1910. By 1920, its official home was at the Town Municipal Building on Broad Street and the first paid firefighter was appointed. According to a February 9, 1922 newspaper article, the town commissioners approved the purchase of a new 1921 American La France standard-type triple combination pumping, chemical, and hose car equipped with every modern convenience and safety for the firemen. With a 750-gallon per minute pumping capacity, it could pump water from almost any source. This fire truck is still maintained by the fire department and has been used in several movies as well.
Related products
-
$10.00
The Mooresville Public Library was started in the early 1890s by a group of citizens who donated their books to create the Mooresville Lending Library.…
-
$10.00
The Museum is located in the historic Charles Mack & Sons Wholesale Building. Originally built circa 1925 as a warehouse for Barget Brothers Construction Company…
-
$15.00
Mooresville Ice Cream Company was incorporated on April 17, 1924, by B.A. Troutman, Charles Mack, Side Mack, Joe Ikall, Ben Salem, Thomas Morrow, Robert E.…
-
$10.00
In 1856, John Franklin Moore, “The Father of Mooresville” gave land to the Atlantic, Tennessee and Ohio Railway Company for a depot along 44 miles…




