$10.00
The Mooresville Public Library was started in the early 1890s by a group of citizens who donated their books to create the Mooresville Lending Library. By 1899, the Town of Mooresville added the Library as a department renamed it to the Mooresville Free Library, and began paying a librarian. In 1939, Mrs. Lutell Sherrill razed her family home where the Free Library was housed, and with the help of R.J. Reynolds, began constructing the library on the footprint of the house. Barger Brothers Construction of Mooresville was contracted to undertake this important task.
Related products
-
$15.00
J.H. McLelland organized the Mooresville NC Fire Department on May 10, 1910. By 1920, its official home was at the Town Municipal Building on Broad…
-
$15.00
Opening in 1991, Bob’s Grill became popular for breakfast, juicy hamburgers, and hot dogs. The food came with a smile or laugh from owner Bob…
-
$15.00
Ford Martin Stewart was affectionately known by family, friends and the Mooresville Community as “Pike”. He owned and operated Pike’s BP at the corner of…
-
$10.00
The Museum is located in the historic Charles Mack & Sons Wholesale Building. Originally built circa 1925 as a warehouse for Barget Brothers Construction Company…




