$10.00
In 1856, John Franklin Moore, “The Father of Mooresville” gave land to the Atlantic, Tennessee and Ohio Railway Company for a depot along 44 miles of track between Charlotte and Statesville. In 1873 the name was from Moore’s Depot to Mooresville. The original depot was torn down and reconstructed after the War between the States. The second depot, depicted on the ornament, was destroyed by fire in the 1920s. It was replaced by the Southern Railroad. Since 1973 the depot has been home to the Mooresville Artist Guild. The depot was donated to the town in 1976.
Related products
-
$15.00
“The greatness of a city is not measured by its size but in the happiness of its people – Mooresville is a great city.” These…
-
$15.00
Mooresville Ice Cream Company was incorporated on April 17, 1924, by B.A. Troutman, Charles Mack, Side Mack, Joe Ikall, Ben Salem, Thomas Morrow, Robert E.…
-
$15.00
Opening in 1991, Bob’s Grill became popular for breakfast, juicy hamburgers, and hot dogs. The food came with a smile or laugh from owner Bob…
-
$10.00
The Mooresville Public Library was started in the early 1890s by a group of citizens who donated their books to create the Mooresville Lending Library.…